Introducing the Manufacturing Growth Programme Grant Scheme...
2016 was the year of the Business Growth Campaign across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Arrivista had the privilege of coordinating a number of leading organisation to help local firms grow their businesses. Almost 200 ambitious executives benefited through the complimentary seminars, various coaching and training events.
One key aspect of the initiative was to try and compensate for the lack of Growth Accelerator funding which the Government had taken away the previous October. Today we are pleased to announce that, initially for manufacturing style organisations across the region, there is new funding available.
To ensure all clients old and new can benefit from this support, with the minimum of fuss, we are delighted to have the opportunity to work alongside 'Economic Growth Solutions' who are co-ordinating this funding initiative.
The Manufacturing Growth Programme Grant Scheme
The Manufacturing Growth Programme (MGP) provides free advice and support to manufacturing SMEs to help:
• Identify opportunities and create plans for growth and improvement
• Work with the best external experts to implement those plans
• Cover 35% of the cost of implementing the plans through a growth/improvement grant
• Connect to wider support to maximise opportunities for growth
What the MGP means for manufacturing SMEs
If you are an SME manufacturer, the Manufacturing Growth programme provides many advantages for you, including:
• An independent business review to identify opportunities for business improvement and growth
• A detailed action plan guiding you through the process of improving your business
• Access to matched industry experts to provide consultancy and/or coaching tailored to your needs
• Access to grants to co-fund your growth/improvement project
How you can benefit
By joining the Manufacturing Support Programme, you can benefit from:
• Insight into the risks/issues and opportunities for your business, helping you better plan for the future
• Understanding of what needs to be done to make improvements
• Work with new expertise to make bring about real development
• Reduced cost, helping you make the changes you need sooner
Arrivista's coaching packages are highly flexible; standard offerings include:
• Business Planning – providing a roadmap for future success
• Team & Leadership – leading to better performance from all personnel
• Sales & Marketing – growing profitable revenues through proven systems
• Financial & Time Mastery – understanding and effectively working the numbers plus optimising and prioritising use of our limited time.
To apply you must be:
1. An SME as defined by the EU definition. This means your company or group of companies must have:
a. Fewer than 250 employees
b. A turnover less than or equal to €50 million OR
c. A balance sheet total less than or equal to €43 million
2. A manufacturer, defined as:
"A business that engages in any economic activity directly related to a product or production process they have researched, designed or produced, or otherwise hold core intellectual property in."
If you are unsure if you meet this definition, please get in touch with your local MGP team.
3. Able to demonstrate the intention to grow/improve – (through creation of increased turnover, increased jobs and/or introduction of new products/services/processes)
Businesses operating mainly in the following sectors are unfortunately not eligible:
• Fishery and aquaculture
• Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
• Coal, steel and shipbuilding
• Synthetic fibres
The grant is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support the costs of working with an external expert/coach of your choice to implement a pre-agreed Growth/Improvement Action plan.
Arrivista has developed a number of Coaching Support Programmes covering areas such as Business Planning, Team & Leadership, Sales & Marketing, Financial & Time Mastery.
The investment for these programmes is £4,000 each, 35% will be paid via the Manufacturing Growth Programme grant; Arrivista will provide a 15% Credit for future spend meaning that, in effect the client just contributes £2,000 or 50%.
Grant supported Growth/Improvement projects must be completed, paid and claimed for within 4 months of grant confirmation.
As with any new scheme, we understand that you are likely to want to talk it through to check that you fully understand the rules and how it all works.
Contact the team at Arrivista:
- 01905 352685